Monday, January 4, 2010

Easy Crock Pot pork chops

We had this for dinner tonight, and my Man liked it! I served it over mashed potatoes, but rice would be good, too.

In the crock pot, put: 2 pork chops, can of corn and its juice (or you can use frozen corn), 1/4 cup chunky salsa, 1 can baked beans (leave the juice in), salt and pepper. Put on the lid and leave it alone all day. Yum!

Today I had a disturbing experience at walmart... a young lady (in her 20's) took the purse of an older lady (in about her 40's) and started running out of the store. The older lady yelled for help, and customers came to her rescue, chasing the lady out into the parking lot. They caught her, and the older lady got her purse back.... after she slugged the younger lady in the face and said some bad words. Kind of unnerving for everyone frozen in panic position as it all happened so quickly. I've thought about it over and over all the rest of the afternoon. Ladies, please don't leave your purse in your shopping cart while you're shopping. Not in the bottom of the cart. Not in the front place where little children sit. Not buried under your groceries. Keep it in your hand, or have the straps over your arm at all times. Thieves are so fast, and it takes years to recover from the damage they can do with your cards and information. I had my purse stolen in the '80s when I left it in my grocery cart while looking at the packages of chips. Back then, all they wanted was cash. But I've been extra careful ever since. Nowdays, they want more than cash. They want your good credit and your good name. Let's all be careful out there, and not become targets.

No comments: