Saturday, January 2, 2010

Oh, Thank You, Mr. Sunshine!

For weeks, we've been having temperatures in the teens, but today the sun is shining, and I could actually feel HEAT when I put my back to the sun. It felt so Heavenly!

We've been thinking about changing pharmacies, since Albertson's changed to Fresh Market, and we're not so excited about going there anymore. So today was the clincher.... they filled my prescription with the wrong medicine (50 mgs instead of the 100 it was supposed to be). When I took it back and asked them nicely to fix it, they said they couldn't. So I asked nicely again and again and again. After all, their mistake would make my pills run out 2 weeks too soon, and I'd have to have an office visit to the Dr.($) to get a new one ($)... blah, blah, blah. So they finally gave me 2 weeks of pills just to get me out of there, I think. There was a whole string of people waiting to be helped. There won't be a next time for me! We're now switching. All he would have had to do was say, "I'm sorry" and I would have been all happy again. But he didn't. And I'm not. I couldn't even attend my kids' ballgames when they were young because I hate confrontation. It was hard for me to stand there confronting them.

Wasn't that nice in the last paragraph, to say, "When my kids were young....." as if it were past tense! Now I'm not the only one getting Old!

Just to make me feel a little less cranky from said pharmacy, I had some dark chocolate, salted almonds, and 7 barbeque potato chips. I feel so much better.... oh, wait a minute, now I have to walk that off at the treadmill... no, I DON'T feel so much better!

No comments: