Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy 95th, Daddy!

If Dad were still alive, he'd be 95 years old now. But he's already gone back to Heaven to be with Mom and lots of other people I love. I miss his large and gnarled hard-working hands. I miss his laugh when someone said something funny. I miss his big scoops of ice cream. I miss going to visit him, and taking a walk together around the farm buildings, he with his cane in hand. I only saw him cry a few times, but when Mom died, he sobbed endlessly for 7 months. I think he finally realized how much he loved her and depended on her. I hope he is healthier. I hope he doesn't have depression anymore. I hope he doesn't have to milk cows anymore. I hope he gets to go fishing with Uncle Milt sometimes... or at least TALK about going fishing together. I hope he is enjoying being with his parents, his siblings, Mom, and my 4 siblings who have died. I hope he knows I miss him. I hope he misses me. I hope I'm making him proud. When I am 95, I hope he and Mom will come and get me. :)

2 comments:

jessica poole robins said...

Best ice-cream scooper ever!!!

dgmthrof4 said...

Don't forget about Guess the cat and Who the dog... or was it the other way around?