Friday, January 29, 2010

Robins

The robins are back! I saw them today! I'm so excited that they came to say that Spring is here! Imagine, a year where Spring goes from January to November! Oh, Nelly! This is going to be one SWEET year! :)

We've already had 2 dinners cooked on the BBQ in the back yard. Blackened hot dogs with mustard, just the way I like them, and grilled salmon. If only the lawn was ready to mow.... it's still brown and sad-looking.

Right after Christmas in 2008, I picked up some Andes mints. While I'm not such a big fan of them, they work nicely for a little after-dinner snack, when my stash box is otherwise empty. Last week, I finally ate the last one and tossed the green box. Whew! Now I have to be good and only eat fruits and carrots for snacks..... what else is healthy?

3 comments:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

We went camping Friday night and Saturday--so I think that means we're on summer now!

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

We went to Arizona to see our "Robins!"

HunsakerMama said...

We're trying to make ourselves eat healthy snacks, and we found... cranberry raisins ("Craisins"). They seemed a little tart at first, but now we eat them by the handfuls! :)