Saturday, February 6, 2010

Thank You, Dr.

This week I went to see the Endocrinologist again. It's been 6 months since my surgery! It seems like it's been about 3 years, but whatever. I'm alive and with my family, so it's awl good. :) My blood tests from last week show that my TSH level has come down from 23 to only 4, so that was good. He wants it lower than 1, so he 'upped my meds' (gave me stronger pills) and said to come back in 3 months and we'll see if it's all the way down by then. I heard his receptionist say on the phone that he is no longer accepting new patients, so perhaps the thin little gray haired man is thinking of retiring. That's okay. I bet I can find another Dr. in town that can give me medicine and check my blood tests every few months. No worries. He got me through the worst of it, hopefully.

We had a misty rain this morning and lots more snow melted away, plus it was in the 50's today! A heat wave! My man sat a fold-up rocker on the driveway, put a jacket on me, and bid me sit outside for a few minutes. He even stayed beside me and we visited. Ahhhhh! It felt so good! The sun was shining. A slight breeze was blowing. It smelled almost like lambing season.... not quite 'earthy' enough. Yes, that Farm Girl blood still circulates in my veins. :) I'm so glad I kept my Man. He keeps getting better and better as the years go by.

No comments: