If Mom were still with us, still sitting in her wheelchair, still making the best cookies ever, still giving the best hugs ever, still asking about the kids and being interested in all the things they were doing, still muttleying on occasion, still crocheting in the sunny spot near the big picture window in the living room, still loving to hold the babies every chance she got, still the last person we talked to at night and the first person we saw in the mornings, still making the best ever food from scratch, still sewing pretty clothes for us, still caring for new baby lambs, calves, kittens, and piglets.... then it would be so great to see her with my eyes and hug her with my arms. And I would tell her I am sorry for all the things I did that made her sad. And I would tell her I love her very much. And I would sing her the Happy Birthday song.
But she got to leave here and go back to Heaven 16 years ago. I'm so happy that she got to go where she doesn't feel so sick and weak all the time. I'm glad she gets to enjoy being with her parents and all her siblings and now about half of her children. I wonder if she can talk louder than her sweet whisper-voice. Maybe she is busy sewing new white dresses for the rest of us to wear in Heaven, if we get to go there. Hmmmmmmm..... I wonder. I'd better pay attention and do what is right.
Happy 91st Birthday, Mom! I sure haven't forgotten You, and I sure miss You.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
4 comments:
Has it really been that long? It doesn't seem so long ago that she and I were making cookies together in the kitchen... I miss Grandma... What a lovely post, Aunt Darla. Love you!
I miss my mom too. Yay for mom's!
don't you remember the scripture I showed you? in Heaven, we all get to wear a "robe of righteousness." but I bet she can sew those, too! :) I love my Grandma Hammon!
So sweet. :) I love the picture in my mind of her sewing gowns for us! ;) She still gets to love on the grandbabies, it's just before they come to earth! :D I can't imagine her with any other voice, but maybe our Heavenly ears won't make us have to ask her to say anything over again. :D
Post a Comment