Thursday, June 10, 2010

Rain

Where I live, we're having a super rainy season. I love that it makes all the flower blossoms such vivid colors. I love that I don't have to worry about watering anything in the entire yard for days at a time. I love that it cools us off. I even love getting to stay indoors and work on other projects besides weeding. But I do feel bad for the people around town whose homes are being flooded. Because of the snow melting in the surrounding mountains and running down here into the valley, and with all the rain, rivers and canals are overflowing their banks. Basements are sogged up. Our first house used to get flooded every spring, and oh how I hated that! That feeling of walking down the stairs and feeling that coldness and wet on my feet, and hearing the splash, still haunts me sometimes. Hopefully just a few more rainy days, then those folks living by the waterways can get their things dried out. Thank You, Mr. Sunshine. :)

No comments: