In early Spring, I dug up a bunch of sod in the place where we wanted a garden. I piled the sod, wanting to use it later to fill in some low spots in our lawn. Then it rained for about 3 months straight. My sod hill turned into a heap of mud with grass growing out all sides of it (except the bottom side, of course). Well, tonight I finished the project. Whew! Shoveled small slabs off the mud mountain and into the wheelbarrow... dumped load after load into the low spots... ran the hose until it was goopy... sprinkled it with grass seed ... used my bare feet to tromp it all down into place ... sprinkled a little bit of dirt on top. Still need to get a bag or two of dirt tomorrow and finish up. I hope it grows! I so LOVE being a Farm Girl and working with the soil. It gives me lots of time to think. Today I was thinking about all the places I've lived... farm in Idaho: 18 years. College: 4 years. Rentals: 4 years. First house we bought: 6 years. Arizona: 6 years. Second house we bought in Utah: 9 years. House we're in now: almost 10 years! Hooray! We love it here. If we can pass 18 years here, it will be my all-time high! :)
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
Born @ my grandparents, lived there 2 years. 1st House: 4.5 years, 6 months in a new house, then another 13 in the original. Moved 6 times on my mission. Then 1 year @ college, then 3 more in another house at college. 2 in one, 3 in another, and 3 here.... a total of WAY more than I wanted to move... But I still need to move at least once more, to my ranch. Then I can be done.
I love all of those places you've lived! Especially the ones where I lived there with you! <3 We have got a big place that needs sod... especially after our little accident today between Landon's face and the rough spot. :( I wish I had a place to take it out of! You go, Girl! :)
Post a Comment