Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Changes I've noticed so far

Since there are no young people around the house anymore, here are some things I have noticed: If I clean the living room before falling into bed at night, it is still clean in the morning! It takes more than one day to have enough dirty dishes to run the dishwasher. A gallon of milk lasts alot longer. My ears keep thinking they hear someone coming through the front door, someone getting a snack in the kitchen, or someone walking up or down the stairs. I can lock the front door at 9 p.m. and no one is locked out. I can go to sleep at any hour, and no one teases me about being OLD and going to bed when the sun goes down. There's no one to help do a load of laundry for, to fix hot chocolate for, or to sit and visit with at the kitchen table. There's no one to say "Hi Mom" to me when I come home from work. I'm trying to adjust.....

The thing that made me most happy today was that it rained and snowed. Now all the flowers, grass, and trees aren't thirsty anymore. Hopefully, the wetness will take all the pollen out of the air so I can breathe freelee again. Springtime is the BEST!

1 comment:

Diana said...

I'm going to reflect on this. Because sometimes I get so tired of hearing my name yelled over and over and cleaning up mess after mess and chasing kid after kid... I need to just slow down and enjoy those things while I still can, huh? I am very jealous about the dishes! Our dishes multiply prolifically as soon as they hit the sink! :D