Monday, May 5, 2008

Bright spot in the kitchen

This afternoon, since I didn't need to be at work, I worked in the kitchen. Big bags of sugar are now in white plastic buckets, things are put in their places, the old hand-me-down bar stools are gone, and the floor is shiny and clean. It feels so good! Tomorrow my plan is to clean out cupboards and de-junk. I LOVE having time at home. What do you like to do at home? I like laundry the best, and kitchen things the least...that's why it's a big deal that I am cleaning the kitchen!

7 comments:

Diana said...

I love laundry! With a little bottle of fabric softener, I'm still loving it even though my gas dryer isn't compatible with my electric dryer hook ups. :) It's kind of fun hanging it out and seeing it breeze around out there. :) I also secretly love to organize things... sewing rooms, toy rooms, kids' bedrooms. But, I really hate slimy and/or crusty dishes. How can it be slimy AND crusty? Trust me, it happens and it is not pretty! :D

Anonymous said...

So you're Grandma Turtle! You can come over and clean my kitchen any day; the fridge's a mess! Bring the Grand Tortuga and we'll have tamales...love U, M&G, the 2 AZ desert rats. PS I'd have ID this note with my blogger tag but I can't remember my password.

Melissa M. said...

I like organizing my kid's toys, vacuuming, and yard work.
Laundry isn't even #72 on my list, it hasn't even been added.

HunsakerMama said...

The best part of a clean room is when you forgot it was clean, until you walked back into it, and the mess you were expecting to see is gone!
Today I put 24 screws in 12 boards to help make us a fence. I'm not very good at it yet, but it's fun to learn something new. I think of Aunt Glenda building a house, and I'm braver about a measly little fence.
I'm sad I didn't know about your blog sooner! I'll have to catch up on reading it, you are so funny!

Grandma Turtle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma Turtle said...

This post is from Gretchen P.:

So you're Grandma Turtle! You can come over and clean my kitchen any day; the fridge's a mess! Bring the Grand Tortuga and we'll have tamales...love U, M&G, the 2 AZ desert rats. PS I'd have ID this note with my blogger tag but I can't remember my password.

Grandma Turtle said...

This post is from Helen:
What a great blog you have started! Thanks for the invitation. I had to smile at your story about the ducks. It just wouldn't be springtime in our neighborhood without them. We have ducks at the condo too that we adore. It's the fifth year and the same pair keep coming back to nest on the bank near a pond at the front of the entrance. We have named them - Baxter and Betty. Last week Baxter was hanging out on top of a truck as bold as can be around 6:30 am. Stopping to talk to him in the morning, we were surprised he didn't even blink an eye. He's been around us and so many others at the condos that love and adore him he isn't the least bit flustered. It just wouldn't be spring now without our daily sighting of Baxter and Betty and soon in a few weeks their new babies.

I also go gah gah over the geese down on 7th west. They nest each year at the Hunter's Woods apartment. I drive thru this area on my way to work each morning. I can see them all congregrated now around the pond there. In a few weeks they will have their babies following them around. At least once a year they will stop traffic in the area. The entire gaggles of geese will be following their mamas across the street. She teaches them how to find worms in the dewy grass. They really need a duck crossing sign here.

Have a great day!