For the next 10 school days, I get to help proctor for the CRT tests. That means I get to walk slowly around and around the same classroom, making sure the students are on the right page when the teacher is reading instructions, making sure they each have a good pencil, and keeping a fresh smile upon my face for the nervous students to enjoy. I'm excited about doing it! On the schedule, I am assigned to Mr. N's room, which is the group of kids I worked daily with for the first half of the school year. It will be nice to see them all again. They are 4th graders.
On the Home Front, things are going well. My heart is trying to adjust to having the Kids all on their own, and having evenings where I get to choose what I want/need to do. This week I am hoping to finish up some little crib quilts (tied), reorganize the basement, and make a place to put all the boxes of teaching stuff that I am bringing home for the summer. The Kids here in town have been good to let us come see them, or to come and see us. I check the emailbox more than usual, if that is possible! I especially LOVE emails from the people I love who live far away. I wish there was a way we could visit each other more often.......some button we could push that would instantly take us to the address we punched in....some comfy little 'bubble' to travel in or something. Can you tell that I grew up enjoying the Jetsons? Maybe travel will be easier when I am not living on this earth anymore. Since I am older than you, I'll probably know how it works first. (I hesitate to say I'll ever be an angel because you guys know me too well!) I'll try and let you know! hee hee
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
I think Emily's teacher is doing this, too. She said that she has a new teacher and that her other teacher is helping some other kids take tests. The big billboard outside of her school says that they are doing core testing until May 21st. Do they not core test the Kindergarteners? I'm not worried about it at all, just curious.
Hi Sis! Sometimes I tell Greg that "angel travel" will be far less expensive and maybe we will have "P-days" that allow us to pop in at Niagara Falls or at a jungle animal preserve or anywhere in the world. I know there are hundreds of places I'll never see that I could enjoy! I'm sorry I've been slow to get hooked on your blog. Melissa has me thinking that I can do it--maybe I'll look into it after Jessica's wedding shindigs--or after summer school with M & M!
Great job on recording feelings, events, and pictures! Love you! Colleen
Post a Comment