For the last week or so, I've been brushing chemical goop on the patio and scraping it to get the adhesive residue off. The stuff has oil in it, so it gets pretty slippery on the flat cement. I watched my orange duck feet (spongy shooz) sliding apart from each other, and since I knew I couldn't do the splits, I wasn't sure what to do. Suddenly I came down and landed on the corner of the steps. Whew! I got right up and kept on going. Maybe an hour later, after I hosed down the section I had just finished, I didn't see my feet going anywhere, but I landed on my back that time. No scrapes to the arms, or bump on the head, or brain-scrambling (how would you know?)....... there must have been an angel who saw me going down and she threw herself underneath me for cushioning. Thanks, Angel. I'm walking a little bit slow, and sitting carefully, but other than that, I am fine!
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!! I didn't know you fell! We've had angels as cushions before, too! Remember when Little Emily was pushing Becca in her wheelchair and they took a spill into a big hole made of rocks and dirt? Definitely an angel pillow that time- Becca didn't have any scratches on her, yet her wheelchair did! Your cement looks so wonderful!! Geoff was saying he wishes he could come and help with it, but by the time he gets there- you'll be done!
Post a Comment