Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Books

I can't remember who suggested that I read a book called: "A Girl Named Zippy" by Haven Kimmel. Whoever you are, THANKS! Today I got a copy of it and tonight I really enjoyed the first few chapters. If any of you grew up in a small town (in any state of the USA), you'll probably enjoy the book, too. And, speaking of books, I have a love for Children's Books. As a child, I didn't like to read much (thanks to my 4th grade teacher who told me I needed to slow down and think about what I was reading, so I read everything word for word and never enjoyed reading again). But when I got to college, I had a wonderful teacher with the last name of Bowles and she brought books back alive for me. We had to go downstairs in the BYU Library and read lots of kids' books that semester. That is when I realized what I had been missing all those years. And now, after all the years since then, I still love to read books about kids, to kids, with kids, and books made for kids. Someday I really am going to find a publisher and an illustrator and I really am going to get my books printed! I have two of them copyrighted and others still in the planning stages. Hopefully it will happen before I die! Tonight I am thankful for Books. They help us make sense of things.

No comments: