Sunday, June 1, 2008

Rocks

What is it about a rock that makes me feel so calm? Maybe it is that they are so strong and immovable.......I want to be strong and immovable.....and calm. Valiant. Obedient. Maybe it is that they absorb heat from the sun, and they stay warm on their own. I want to absorb warmth from the Son and radiate it out for someone who may feel cold. Rocks don't seem to mind any kind of weather. I like rain, sunshine, hail, rain, and sunshine (I only like the first snowstorm of winter). Rocks come in all colors and each adds its own kind of beauty to the world. I like lots of color. Maybe I should've been a rock! But you guys would have to move me around because I get really bored just sitting still for very long.

2 comments:

Melissa M. said...

So when did cracking them open come into play? I remember you would take us little ones out in the field to crack rocks open.
Hey, Gina responded to your question on her spotlight post.

Grandma Turtle said...

As kids, we used to go down to 'the panel' and break rocks. Sometimes we went up the other road (east) and into the pasture to crack rocks. We loved how they glittered in the sun....specially when you licked the new break. EEEEeeeeeeeewwwwwwwww! So it was only natural that we would want to teach our 'rock class' to the next generation.