Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Teecheeng

Today I got to go to my school and start summer reading lessons. It was so great to be with children again. They all tried really hard to learn and they were proud of their own accomplishments. My first grade boy wanted his sentence to be: "The villain had a pet shark." I was supposed to write it out with a marker onto a long strip of cardstock. No matter how I spelled villain (villian, villin, villen....), it just didn't look right. Finally, I asked him if we could put "bad guy" and he reluctantly agreed. I hope he forgot all about it and didn't tell his parents, who would then wonder why his reading teacher couldn't spell! I seriously had a brain cramp and I could NOT figure it out. Maybe I should have had HIM write it! I looked it up in the dictionary when I got the chance, and now I have it. In fact, the dictionary is on my desk now, should he decide to give me another hard word tomorrow!

This afternoon I worked on removing old glue from the back steps and patio. We ripped up the ugly green/worn out carpet on Saturday. The goo that helps loosen the adhesive is so strong! I just went to wally world and got more gloves, this time 'chemical resistant', so the stuff doesn't burn through and bite my hands again. I'll try and send you a 'before' and 'after' picture when it gets done. Working hard makes me feel content and happy.

1 comment:

Melissa M. said...

As the mother of a 1st grade boy I can tell you that they never say bad things about their teachers.
On a side note, your flash in the mirror picture is blinding me.