Sunday, August 24, 2008

coma, respirator

Well, not to make anyone worry for days ahead of time, now I'll tell you something. Tomorrow I will be in a coma and on a respirator for most of the day. Please don't come to see me, I won't be able to let you in.

I have the living room mostly prepped, the tools gathered, and the ladders in place so I can scrape the 'cottage cheese' stuff off the living room and hallway ceilings tomorrow. First I will go in my Coma (Toyota Ta...) and get some sacks to put the stuff in, then I'll come home and put on the respirator, gloves, coveralls, boots, goggles, etc. Duane taught me how to use his pump sprayer so I can wet a patch at a time, so it comes down wet instead of dry. Dry asbestos causes one not to be able to breathe, but wet asbestos isn't so dangerous, so they say. Duane scraped off a sample, and I think it is going to be just fine. I took a sample to Air Quality Control and we have 6% asbestos on the ceilings. I can hardlee wait to get it out of here! Next I need to go learn how to put texture on. Any ideas to make it look nice? I can't decide if I want it in a pattern, or more random...... The only thing that worries me is reaching over the staircase. I tried practicing with a handle tonight, and my stomach was really churning. Maybe someone will feel sorry for me when they see that the whole room is done except there, and help me out. I also need to remove the light fixture there. EEEEeeeeeeeKKKKKKKKK! If I get to Heaven, I wonder if it will still be scary to me to look down... if it is, I won't make a very good Guardian Angel, will I?

1 comment:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

You go, girl! But, please be careful. I watched our contractor texture the kitchen ceiling last week, and I can tell you how he did it.