You can tell school is about to start, just by looking around. Parents are in the stores buying new backpacks, socks, shoes, jeans, shirts, and even new underclothes. Teachers disguised as regular shoppers are loading their shopping carts with 30 each of boxes of crayons, pencils, erasers, rulers, and pencil boxes. They are also stocking up on kleenex, hand sanitizer, antibacterial wipes, staples, construction paper, glue sticks, and child-sized scissors. Good thing walmart has these things cheap! Another way one can tell school is about to start is: many families are trying to fit in one more camping trip, one more boating outing, one more weekend of fun before schedules don't allow for that. Last week I only had 3 of my 7 kids in Primary because of those 'one last trips.' In the next couple weeks, you'll notice new haircuts on the children, their new school clothes on their bodies, and the butterflies in their tummies as they anticipate their new teachers and classmates. I hope they each have their best year ever!
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
I'm in the throes of school preparation also! I've never had an average first grader! You mean she puts stuff in her mouth that I didn't cut up, cook, or spread for her? You mean she stays at school ALL DAY like a big kid? You mean she has her own desk, goes outside to play and all with people she knows, but I don't? Yikes! This is very new territory for me!!
Post a Comment