Saturday, August 30, 2008

(to the tune of 'Here Comes the Bride'): Done, Done, Dun, Dun

Today I painted the ceiling with a roller, did the trim, and cleaned up the whole mess. Diana and Geoff stopped by to visit, and Geoff put up all the light fixtures for us. It is all the way done! YYYYYYYYYIIIIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This was a family project to be sure. Duane did the parts that I couldn't do. He made me ice water, did dishes, loaned me his tools, went to InstaCare, was diagnosed with Bronchitis, went and got his own prescription, fixed his own meals, tried to help when he felt like crap, and praised me when it was all done. Diana, Ortons, Angela, and Kelly were great Cheerleaders. They kept encouraging me to keep going, and calling to ask how things were going. Paul came over and spent some time teaching me how to texture. I had him practice on the piece above the stairs where I got queezy just thinking about leaning over it. Darrin stopped by and took down light fixtures for us. What a Familee team! A mighty big, and very sincere, THANKS to all of you!

Next week I'll have Duane help me put up brackets for the new curtain rods, and get the new things hung up that I bought at TaiPan yesterday. What a fun store! They had lots and lots of pretty wrought iron home decorations. Growing up we had a wrought iron weather vane, and some branding irons to brand the sheep with. It was a metal for tools and outside things. Who would've thought we'd now be putting it in our homes and calling it 'pretty'?? Some things change with time. Gotta keep up so I don't get lost in the dust.

1 comment:

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

WAY TO GO!!! You saved enough $$ to deserve a few trips to Taipan Trading (which is about two blocks from Carissa's house.)