Friday, December 5, 2008

December Sights

Tonight when I went out to put some garbage in the dumpster, I couldn't help but notice the nice cool air, pretty Christmas lights on many of the neighbors' houses, Christmas trees lit up in living room windows, the sounds of cars driving around (probably filled with happy people going to festive events this time of year....no grumps allowed), and some leftover Fall leaves still kicking around on the driveway. I'm happy that my legs work and can take me wherever I want to go. I'm happy that my hands still have a fair amount of grip left in them so I can carry things when I want to. I'm happy my heart is still beating. I'm happy my skin has no holes in it, except for the pores which are supposed to be there. I'm happy there are good Doctors and Nurses who can help us when we need them. I'm happy for the manger scenes in people's yards. Looking at them makes me feel warm and peaceful inside.

1 comment:

Geoffrey said...

Well you AND your daughters have those holes in the bottom of your ears too.... I think that is where the rememberies leak out.