In my kindergarten reading group today, we were using high frequency words to construct sentences. The students took turns choosing a word. We came up with a sentence as a group. I'd write the sentence on a little whiteboard, then the kids would write the sentence on their papers. On about the second sentence, little Dante started bawling...big tears running down his cheeks. I said, "Oh, Honey, what's the matter? Why are you so sad?" He blubbered that he couldn't write the sentence because it wouldn't be true, and he didn't want to tell a lie. The sentence was: I love my cat. He said he didn't love his cat and he couldn't write it. We changed his to: I love my dog.... he perked right up and kept writing. Ya just never know what's going on in the mind of a child. Good idea to ask them and try to understand. I love my job. :)
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
Oh, how sweet! I can't lie either... I feel his pain. ;) I hope he keeps that forever!
Oh my goodness... that is sooooo CUTE!!! Hope you are enjoying spring break! :)
Post a Comment