Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Mmmmmmmm, Breakfast!

This morning as I was eating my Quaker hot cereal, I was totally enjoying watching a robin out in the back yard. It was hopping carefully around, always turning it's eye to the grass, undoubtedly watching for worm movements. Then it would pull back like you do when you have a fish on your line, and then it would flip the worm around while biting off pieces of it and slurping it down. I wondered if it had to keep stirring it around to keep it from wriggling itself back down into the soft earth. It really made me grin when one tough old worm won the battle...I could almost feel it tightening up its muscles and pulling with all its might. :) And to think that all I had to do to get my breakfast was to put a spoon in my bowl, and drink yummy milk from a glass. I'm glad I'm not a robin. They don't even wipe those worms down with antibacterial wipes first!

1 comment:

HunsakerMama said...

Leah and I watched a robin in your yard eating worms last time we were there! She loves worms, so I think she felt a little conflicted. :) You must have an awesomely wormy lawn! :)Whenever I water to soften up our clay dirt for weeding, she stands next to me and watches for worms. If she sees one, she jumps up and down and asks me to let her hold it. Weirdo. She hates spiders without me telling her to, but loves worms. Go figure! :)