For years I've been trying to publish a children's book. I went to a writer's conference and got a 'golden ticket' from a publisher--a guarantee that she would read my text if I followed her list of rules. And I did. Today I got the all too familiar form letter saying 'no.' Maybe I'll let the kids do it after I die, like Laura Ingalls Wilder's kids did with the Little House series.
Today I spent some time in the hospital getting a biopsy on a lump in my thyroid. Next week they'll give me an answer about whether or not it is cancerous. I hope the answer is 'no.'
Tonight My Man came home from work to find me sleeping. A couple hours later when I finally woke up, he had fixed dinner and taken care of everything around the house. When I asked him if any of his employees had pulled any shenannigans today, he shook his head 'no.'
Sometimes the answer is 'no', and that's okay.
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
2 comments:
Darla!!! I love you and your way of seeing things! I hear 'no' waaaaay more than I would like to sometimes, but it almost always works out that the 'no' was the better route.
My girls and I are praying for you... hope all goes well with the tests!
On the publishing thing, it could just be a "No, not right now" thing. :D I, too, am glad for 'no's sometimes... they make the 'yes'es that much sweeter! :D
Post a Comment