Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sometimes we are prepared to serve someone, and we don't even know it

On Sunday, a boy from my Primary class came over and asked if I could sew a patch onto his cub scout shirt for him. I told him I could, and he rode his bike home to get it. When he returned, he also had a little mending kit for me to use. He made sure to tell me 3 times to use the orange plastic thimble inside. He was intrigued with it. :) With my sewing supplies scattered in 2 rooms, I knew it would take me a little bit to find what I needed to sew it with my sewing machine. I told him he could go ahead and go home, and I would call him when I had it ready. He said he just wanted to ride his bike up and down my street while he waited. When I got downstairs, I found my machine already threaded with navy blue thread......not the white that it is always threaded with. It took me about a minute to serve him, and his grin was reward enough. I sure love the kids in my class. I moved up with them last year, so I've had them now for a year and a half. I'm glad they know they can come over when they need help. I hope they always will. It's nice to feel needed.

No comments: