Monday, August 3, 2009

Today was not quite the way I thought it would be

Today was kind of a strange day, as days go. The sun shone. The phone rang. The emailer worked just fine. Food tasted good. Life was good. Then I went to a follow-up appt. with the surgeon. He told me there was cancer in my thyroid, when they tested it after removing it. ok...... what next? Well, I've been studying up on it. Thyroid cancer has a very high success rate of being curable. It's not a nasty one, per se. In a few weeks, I'll have a radioactive iodine treatment. After that, I'll take a hormone replacement pill every day, from now on. It's very doable. So, tonight the moon is shining. The phone still rings. The emailer is very accommodating. Food tastes grand! Tomorrow is a new day, and..... Life is still good! :)

4 comments:

Diana said...

I'm happy to hear you so peaceful about it. I hope that feeling stays with you. :)

HunsakerMama said...

Good thing they took it away from you, then! Instead of a children's book, you could write a comic book called "Radioactive Grandma." She'll have special powers to defeat the Thyroidians!

Colleen/Grandma/Mom said...

RAD grandma, for short! Just ask the grandkids, they'll tell you that you are definitely RAD! So glad to hear that your form of cancer is highly beatable!

Toni Wilkins said...

You are the most positive, upbeat person I know and that is the best medicine for tough times like these! You are in our thoughts and prayers because we need you back at school come September/October!!!