After having many years of going to school, and working in schools, you wouldn't think that coming to the end of another school year would be much of a big deal. But it kind of is, for me. I'm going through a bit of a mental self-exam and wondering things like: Did I give it my best? Did the kids actually learn anything? Will any of my students read anything this summer? How can I best use my time this summer? If I spent some time researching my ancestors on the computer, could I learn more about them? What can I make with my new sewing machine? Can I keep up with the yard work? Will I remember not to lift the lawnmower into the truck and mess up my shoulders again? Will my new little Granddaughter be happy to be in our family? What will she look like? What day will she be born on? What will the Family Reunions be like this year? Will everyone come and try to get to know each other better? Will I be healthy this summer, or at Dr.s and hospitals again? Will I get to keep teaching Primary, or will things change and I'll need to adapt? Will the sun ever shine? Will the people I have made feel bad unknowingly, forgive me and know I didn't mean to? Will the people who made me feel sad know that I'm trying to let it go? Will I go nutso staying at home by myself day after day after day, or will I learn to go help others and then feel happy myself? How does one learn to be such a worrier, anyways? Or are we born with it? The Dr. said I am low on vitamin D, and he suggested I get more sunshine...WELL, I WOULD IF THE SUN WOULD EVER SHINE!! Maybe this week will be warmer. I hope. :)
Rustic Red, White & Blue Nesting Boxes
5 weeks ago
1 comment:
I am SO with you on the sun thing! This weather has been a huge downer for me. And then it LOOKS warm outside and it's not yet. *sigh* I'm waiting not-so-patiently for warm weather. :)
I've been taking things one or two days at a time lately. Looking too far ahead overwhelms me. Having all of my kids home for the summer overwhelms me even though I love it. Our reunion has really given me something to look forward to. I worry a lot about everyone having a good time, but it will be so great to be together!
Post a Comment